Thursday, December 21, 2017

What I Have Learned

Image result for learnedThis class has made me take a close look at myself and how this may affect my interaction with students, families, coworkers, and stockholders. The goal in my life is to help young children enter into school prepared academically and, more importantly, social emotionally. To give a good base will help children develop into positive citizens of the world. I have also learned that reading everything I can about bias and diversity is a good thing but I must also speak with others to learn their experiences and worldviews to be more bias aware and to set up an anti-bias classroom.




Image result for advocateMy goal for the future is to develop an anti-bias, trauma free classroom that is an example to those within my Head Start program and then spread it to other Early Childhood classroom within my area (for starters). Our area is a popular location for immigrant families and those escaping refugee camps form war-torn countries. These children and families need a program like I hope to create. I might even study more about creating a blog to reach others about the importance of anti-bias, trauma free classrooms. 


Image result for thank you
Thank You so much for all the help you have given me in this time together. I have learned from our discussions that I am not alone on the journey to learn about my bias and discomforts. I have learned ways to face those discomforts and to learn from them with the goal of being a more compassionate and tolerant human being. Good luck in the future and I hope to see  you in our next class. Happy holidays and happy New Year.

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    This class help has help me to grow in my professional and personal life. I had learn and still learning to be more patience with others, and to understand their points of view and no just mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    I like how you mentioned having your classroom anti-bias and trauma free. I used to work for Head Start too and this was so important because most children that attended my classroom had a lot of trauma in their lives. Knowing that the classroom is a safe environment will help them be able to learn and be themselves.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jennifer,

    One of my goals is to create an anti biased classroom comfortable for my classroom for my children and their families. Hopefully children can function successfully in their academic environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer,
    Great Blog, your plan on implementing anti-bias and trauma free environment is an awesome idea. As we learn through this course, trauma can cause such a delay in the developmental milestones of a child if not address in a timely manner. Thank you so much for the opportunity to ready and reply your posting, Best wishes moving forward.

    ReplyDelete