Friday, March 2, 2018

Impacts on Early Emotional Development

Image result for anti bias classroom clip art
I have always believed that all students are awesome and deserve a fair education. To be honest though, some pushed my buttons while their family could "push me over the edge". Thanks to my time with this program through my Walden experience, as well as this class, I have discovered my own discomforts and biases and why I tend to think or react as I do. I have become more empathic and tolerant and I am made a better person for that. This realization has developed a passion in me so strong that I cannot ignore it even if I tried. I want desperately to develop an anti-bias classroom as a model for other classrooms in my Head Start program to imitate. Now that our program works within the school district I want the example to continue into those rooms as well. My area is very diverse and becoming more so every year and we need to be empathetic to the struggles of all children and teach them resilience to what life throws at them. That is my dream, to help children feel strong enough in who they are that they grow into tolerant and empathetic citizens of this world.

Image result for thank youTo all my classmates I would like to say thank you. Your insights and advice have helped me grow as a teacher and human being. I love hearing of ways to think outside of the box and you helped me achieve this through the last eight weeks. I cannot believe there is only one more class to go on this journey and I cannot wait to instill all we have learned into not only my classroom but my way of being in this world. Best of luck on your journey as well and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jennifer,
    Following your passion allows for greatness and those lives you touch to be better in the long run. Working toward the goal of anti-bias classrooms is important and I hope your journey continues as you succeed and educate others. Good luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete